Sunday, April 13, 2014

We are Matched!

I haven't posted in here yet since we still can't officially share details.   But what I can share is that on April 1st (yes April fools day) we got the call.  It was 5:00pm and Steve had just left to go pick up Chase and Conor from practice.  The phone rang and it was our social worker.  She had a file ready for us to review.  We talked for a little bit and I told her to hurry and send it and we would look at it and get back to her soon.  She warned me not to look at her pictures first but to review her medical information.  She said because she's the cutest little girl you've ever seen!  Curiosity got the better of me and I scrolled down to pictures and I was in Love!  Staring back at me was our daughter and I knew it the instant I laid eyes on her.  It didn't matter what the medical file said this was our daughter.  I had prayed several days before that to God to let us know when we see our daughter that she is really the one.   To give me some kind of clue that she is Hope.  The first one clue was her middle name which meant " Hope for a bright future"  This went along with scripture that has been close to my heart Jerimiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you" Declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".

The second sign was something amazing that brought me to my knees.  In October 2013 I thought it would be fun if we all guess as to when we thought our daughters Birthday would be.  Everyone in the family made a guess and I stored it away on my phone to open at a later time.  Remember at this time we had no idea who Hope was.  So last week I decided to open it and see who guessed the closest.  To my amazement I had guessed her Birthday exactly!  God is Good!   What more confirmation do I need than this! 

So very soon I hope to share her pictures with you all!  Stay tuned!

2 comments: