Tomorrow my little girl will turn eight. When my kids were younger I never could comprehend when someone would tell me that they would grow up fast. It seems like the first few years were slow but after that they fly by. I'm going to start a new tradition and reflect back over the last year and what she has accomplished! It was a year of many changes. The biggest change of all was her becoming a big sister and loosing her spot as youngest and only girl. She has done amazingly well with this, we had anticipated jealousy but really have not had any. I think it helps that Hope is so much younger than her. She also learned in this year that she will be a big sister again and welcome another baby sister soon.
She had a great school year in the 2nd grade. I didn't get to volunteer as much this year because of all that was going on but her teachers made such a cute scrapbook of each of the things she did and I am so thankful for that. She had two teachers splitting the job.
She joined a competitive dance team and went to her first competitions in February.
They placed 2nd in the first competition. She was also in a showcase and recital
She started gymnastics again in December. She even went on to team trials but decided that she wasn't ready for the hours of commitment team requires. She will continue with gymnastics in the fall.
In October the day her dad was baptized she gave her life to Jesus. It was a beautiful and amazing day!
She visited her homeland of China and was able to visit her Orphanage and finding spot in person.
She really enjoyed her time in China and was such a champ with the food trying anything and everything.
She continues to be a girly girl who loves clothes and shoes. She will change several times a day if I let her. She loved dance competitions and getting to wear makeup. She is a performer and is not shy about getting in front of people or groups. She is still very much a daddy's girl but is becoming just as much a momma's girl.
I really can't wait to see what this year has in store for her. She amazes me everyday with her positive upbeat outlook on life. Here are a few pictures from the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment