Saturday, November 9, 2013

Mid Willamette Adoption potluck

This weekend we attended the annual mid valley adoption potluck.  Steve and Conor were at the Philomath Football playoffs, so I attended with Zoe, Chase and my friend Debbie and her daughter Kayli.  I met them a few months before we were matched with Zoe.   Zoe and Kayli are about a year apart in age and it's been nice for them to have each other.  After the potluck Zoe had her second sleep over at Kayli's house.  Also Sinthea, Cameron and Kimmy showed up.  I met Sinthea before we even started the process with Zoe and she was the one that revered us to our first agency Asia.  There was a bug zoo and Zoe really enjoyed holding the different bugs.  Also one of the OSU students there with Bug zoo was a guy that was adopted from China 18 years ago.  It was really interesting to hear about his life and his views on things.
















1 comment:

  1. That's really neat! I wish we had something like that around here. I'm actually surprised we don't since there is a local adoption group, but they don't seem to do much with each other. I'm glad you guys get to do that!

    ReplyDelete