Thursday, March 31, 2011

Crazy everyday life!

Yep that's the story of my life right now.   Crazy....   Just to give you insight on one little day, that is way to much like all the other days in my life.   I woke up to a sick kid, a very sick kid who could barely breathe.  I immediately started calling all my options for someone to come and stay with the other kids while I rushed him in to the ER.   But noone answered, everyone was at work, even dad wasn't answering his cell or his desk phone.  So at this time the others are starting to wake up.  So I start directing kids to the shower or downstairs for breakfast, trying to hurry everyone along so that we can get him into the doctor.  Finally everyones ready, we drop the two other kids off at their schools and then head to town.  At this time I'm contemplating on whether to mess with the ER since he's finally breathing better and take him to see his regular doctor who knows him better.    Dad finally calls back claiming his phone shut off and he didn't know it (I was a bit mean to him about this), I tell him I have it all under control (but really I'm still trying to figure out where I'm really going).  I call our dr's office and get him in right away, but first we have to run and drop off sister so that she can catch the bus to speech.  Then we rush off to make our 845 appointment, and dad meets us.  We get called back.   We gp over all the history with the doctor and learn that he needs to not only  take steroids but also needs to see and alergist, take allergy meds and that he has Asthma.  This is the same child Conor, who were already dealing with so many medical issues.   So we leave the office, head straight upstairs to make his allergy test appt and then rush over to the pharmacy.   While at the pharmacy I realize we only have a few minutes before were suppose to be heading to pick up Zoe from speech class.   So I'm a bit pushy and we get out of the pharmacy with just minutes to spare.   We pick up Zoe, head home, make lunch, put her down for a nap, clean a little, and then my friend arrives.   My friend and I spend about 1 1/2 hours preparing documents for the upcoming spelling bee.   I leave my house with just minutes to spare, reach the school to pick up Chase and then get told that he's already on the bus and it just left.   We'll that's not funny, I told his teacher I have an appt I have to have Conor to in about half and hour, she assures me I have plenty of time.   She also informs me that my son told the aide that he lost a tooth today, well the aide went and got an envelope and wrote his name on it and then found out as she was putting the tooth in that it really wasn't a tooth, that it was a small white pebble from the playground, I appologize and then rush off.  I  drive and wait at the stop that he's suppose to get off, he comes about 10 minutes later.  I rush home to get Conor, Zoe and Parker to go to Conor's eye appt.   I ask Parker how he did on his spelling test, he tells me he got an F, an F, what!!!!   Of course he couldn't find his paper, I call his teacher, find out that my child is drawing fish while he's suppose to be listening...... We discuss the whole way in town about drawing and listening to his teacher.  Then I talk to Chase about lying about his tooth and try not to laugh as he hands me the envelope with the little white rock in it.   We make it to Conor's appt. just in time I check him in, and then Zoe has to use the bathroom.  Well I'm by myself and can't leave the others in the waiting room  I walk them all over to the restroom and have Parker wait outside and take the two little ones in with me.  We get back to the waiting room and Zoe notices a water tank and she wants a cup of water.  I say no and try to redirect her, well she won't take no for an answer and keeps bugging so I have Conor poor just a little cup since I don't want to get the little ones started playing with water.  He takes it over to her and she hits it away because she wanted to pour her own cup, water goes all over the table.  I grab a handfull of kleenex to wipe it up and sit her down on a time out.  Well she decides to scream as loud as I've ever heard her scream I have to take her out of the waiting area.  Finally I calmed her down enough to go back and thats when my husband arrives.   We decided I would take the younger two home and he would stay there.   I have a quick errand on the way home, we stop by the court house to drop off our re-adoption paperwork, the kids were good and I awarded them with bubblegum for the ride home.   I get home start making dinner, the others arrive home, we eat.   Then I have about 20 minutes before I have to be at a meeting at the middle school for outdoor camp.   I go to the meeting, then come home, the kids and hubby load in the car, we head over to DQ (the kid's favorite place) and have some icecream.  Then when we get home it's time for pj's, brushing teeth and a book.  And now I'm up to present time.....  No wonder my husband thinks I'm crazy for talking adoption already!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! :) You may already know this but please watch his BS with the steroids. It could go throught the roof! Hope he is feeling better soon... and things quiet down for you! Good luck with that one.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got off steroids and I think I had a withdrawl from them. My whole body felt like pins and needles and my heart was racing through my chest (heart rate was 115 at rest and blood pressure was elevated). It lasted for about an hour. It felt so weird, but the nurse couldn't explain it. She said it might be a withdrawl from the steroids. It did say something about how it could mess with the blood sugar, so I would watch it carefully like Sandy said. I still have a pretty bad cough, so not too sure it helped me. Did they give him a nebulizer (not sure how to spell it)? Kaylyn had one and it seemed to help a lot when she was younger.

    I'm on allergy shots now and it seems like ever since I started them, I've been sicker than I've ever been and now I'm scheduled for surgery in less than 2 weeks. Sinus surgery and tonsilectomy! UGH!!!

    I hope things go smoother for you, but with 4 kids, I'm not sure that's possible ;-) God will not give you more than you can handle, so if God is leading you to another little one, then you guys can handle it! It might be tough, but the outcome is always worth it. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete